March 6, 2014 Leave a comment
Today it was learned that the UFC would head back to Germany on May 31st of this year. The same day at TUF Brazil 3 Finale. It was mark he first time the UFC has had events on the same day. The UFC recently signed German Nick Hein, presumably for this card. In addition, they have guys like Pascal Krauss, Denis Siver and Alan Omer on roster. I would imagine that they add a few more German fighters for the show. Here are the most likely candidates.
1. Martin Buschkamp – 7-0 – Featherweight – He is the best German prospect in my opinion. He is also the most deserving of a chance in the UFC. I would be surprised if he does not get the chance.
2. Jonas Billstein – 12-3 – Middleweight – The Bellator veteran is reportedly a free agent and has a fight scheduled. A win there could mean that UFC picks him up for the May event.
3. Vladimir Sikic – 10-0 – Lightweight
4. Max Coga – 9-1 – Featherweight – Coga has a fight lined up against the very tough Nikolas Backstrom. I am not sure he will win that fight, but if he does, don’t be surprised if UFC signs him.
5. Nick Penzer – 10-1 – Middleweight
6. Rany Saadeh – 4-1 – Flyweight
Also, do not be surprised some mainland European fighters get signed. There is a lot of talent from surrounding countries that could be nice additions to the roster.